Friday, March 23, 2007

Here. They buy timbers, logs, trees on your lot

I often get questions that go something like this: "I have 12 big trees on my lot. Do you buy them or know anyone who does?"

Answer: "No"

First, I have to say that "big" for most people with a weekend ranch they want cleared for free (or profit) usually is not the same as "big" to someone in the timber business. I admit it is difficult to judge length straight up (like a standing tree, for instance) but what someone describes as "big" usually turns out to be about 35 feet tall and not 70 foot monsters they first described.

To be fair I should say I also would want to sell my 7 trees and watch someone else do the work rather than pay to have them removed or remove them myself.

Without further illustration, here are some companies that buy wood on lots of all sizes. As I find more I will add them. Fair enough?

Prentiss & Carlisle
Maine

Rocky Mountain Log Homes
Montana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments or questions here. Thank you for reading Wood Science.